Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A New Skill Learned!

So, I decided to make homemade baby food for Saige. I watched some videos on u-tube to help me figure it out and then tried it. It worked out great! I made carrots, apples and avacodos. It was very easy and fun to do! I took these pictures after they had been in the freezer so there is a little ice on them. They last in the freezer for 3 months and very easy to get out and fix for Saige. I am trying to learn more skills and become more self-reliant this year. I just need to get a house so we can have a garden!



Steps:
1. Pick out your veggies and fruits
2. If you need to make them softer like (carrots) steam them
3. After steaming them put them in a blender with some water and hit PUREE
4. Put them in ice cube trays and put in the Freezer
5. Pop them out of the ice cube trays and put them in ziplock baggies with their name and date
6. YOU Now Have Baby Food
7. When ready to use them just put your cube in the microwave and unthaw them

3 comments:

  1. good job! I think I am going to try making baby food for this baby coming. I did a garden last year and I have come to realize gardening in St. George is not easy, we had some things grow but not as much as I had hoped for. Any way, you need to post some pictures of you and your cute family. I hope you are all well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Shanae! I did that with our kids even a long time ago. Keep going! It will be great.
    Give Saige big kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanae I am so proud of how domestic you are becoming, at some point in my life maybe I will try it too!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

GREAT QUOTES


"The steeper the mountain the harder the climb the better the view from the finishing line."
Anonymous

"It's better to reach for the stars and land on the roof, than to reach for the roof and land in the garbage."
Savanna Skinner

FOLLOWERS